Sunday, August 21, 2011

Workshop, Day Two


Today was day two of the Kathy Loomis workshop, curved piecing.

I have to admit that I got off to an uneven start in the morning. Just before the workshop started, I realized that my keys weren't in my pocket or in my bag or in my lunch bag. I'd parked in a shopping center parking lot in Newport and carpooled to the workshop.

Oops. I could just imagine my keys being in the car or on the ground beside it. I have a shiny red loaner perfect for joyriding and I could just imagine calling the dealership and telling them that I'd lost their car. Panic set it - I called my neighbor and she said her daughter would go to the parking lot and take a look.


The workshop started and I sat there nervously trying to concentrate while waiting for the call. Then I remembered that I'd brought in one more bag, this one containing a quilt that was already in someone else's sewing machine bag. I took a look and there in the bottom were the keys.

I'd like to say that my concentration immediately improved too but that wasn't the case. I didn't do a very good job with the morning's work. Afternoon was better, though, and we had an hour at the end of the day to work on our own. I cut the morning's work apart and repieced it and ended up pretty happy. A little more sewing will make me very happy.

Following are a couple of example's of Kathy's fine line piecing. Is she not awesome?




































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat piece with the blue and red.
Sarah

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Thanks, Sarah. It's actually a bright, bright pink, but it sure looks red next to the bright turquoise.