Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Changing My Mind

The baby quilt group is doing a Double Nine Patch quilt this month, and at the last meeting we started making nine patch strips with 1 1/2" strips. I've learned that it's crazy hard for me to work with squares that tiny, especially if the spatches are just a little different in size and need to be squared up.

So, I've started over with 2 1/2" strips and I can tell already that I'm a lot happier. Not to mention, I won't need as many blocks.

And, I've changed my mind about Aaron's train quilt. I'd planned on nine embroidered blocks but I'll be doing twelve. Four rows of three. My first choices were train cars with animals, very cute, but really, the tank cars and coal cars are just as cute.

Coming home from quilt guild last night was my first night trip in my new car and it was raining like crazy. Loved the blue dash lights and the red radio and temperature lights. Having new tires and all wheel drive was wonderful on the wet roads. I really like this car.

Loving the rain too. Sometimes in August it's just so dry - this is a treat.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connie, happy for you with your new car !
The train cars are real cute, Aaron will be nhappy !
Janice