Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Know It's For His Birthday, But . . .

I know the quilt I'm working on is for Aaron's birthday, but . . . he was at my house all day today, belly sick, and wanted to sew with the sewing machine. I slowed the machine speed way down and let him step on the foot pedal while I guided the fabric. Surely he'll enjoy his present all the more for having helped with it.


Then he'd press the button to raise the pressure foot. He commented that my sewing machine is cool.



His next job was to trim the threads with the little scissors, after which he'd go back to enjoying the pull of the magnetic pin cushion on the scissors.



The only problem I can see with this is that Nora, who wasn't here today, also loves sewing. Imagine if they fight over who gets to sew . . . my dream come true.









No comments: