Friday, August 5, 2011

Train Quilt

I'm not sure why I'm not able to add pictures to the blog today, these things just seem to happen from time to time.

Probably eight months ago, maybe longer, I started on a train quilt for Aaron's birthday. I embroidered five cars, then quit, I think because Christmas was approaching. Suffice it to say, it took some remembering to get back into making the remaining blocks in just the same way. And now I have eight blocks finished, one more to go, I think, unless I change my mind about how many there should be.

Before I started the quilt, I bought a package of microfiber dish cloths at Family Dollar because the colors were so pretty, nice bright pastels. I was happy to find the train pattern because I knew I'd found a use for them. Luckily for me, they are still in stock since I needed a second pack. I think I'll back them with a fusible interfacing, sort of like a t-shirt quilt.

When I started embroidering, Aaron was such a different little guy than he is today. He's so grown up now and can ALMOST swim. He's tall and wears grown-up clothes. Luckily for me, he still likes trains. His birthday is next month, should be able to get this finished by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He will love it, Connie! Doesn't it seem that the yr. since his b'day has flown by very quickly? He & Nora are growing so fast ! I always feel I'm missing out on so much with them! I'd be down there with them much more if it were up to me! Ha, :') Don wants to play tennis as much & often as possible!
Janice