Friday, August 19, 2011

Gardening Update

I'd considered myself really lucky this year to have seen no signs of deer in the garden. Now, though, I'm wondering - whoever was eating this tomato took a BIG bite. A second tomato, also with a big bite out of it, turned up across the street in my neighbor's front yard. Whoever is eating likes to play, too.



I love to mix veggies with flowers. Here is a giant cockscomb in with the tomatoes.



And down lower, petunias. I started the petunias from seed, and there was a seed from two colors in each pellet. I'll probably plant the same kind again next year, if they're still available. I've learned that what's available one year isn't necessarily around the next.


As things start to get dry and lost their exuberance, I'm thinking about flowering kale and mums and pansies. And scattering some lettuce and spinach seeds.







No comments: