Wednesday, March 17, 2010

River's Up

After an early-morning meeting, I stopped to see what the river was looking like. It will probably flood, just a little, this evening. All that snow in West Virginia. :)



Then I came home and worked on this project, which isn't going well.





The first time doing the embroidery, I cut it too close and had to do it over. Then my machine started acting up a little. Then I realized that the directions said to cut the brown pieces 1/2" larger than the pattern. No way was I going back and starting all over, so the top will have an added piece of applique. I'm hoping it will just look all the better. I had to go back to the fabric store for another 1/4 yard for the re-cut. Some projects are just like that, at least for me.

Tonight I ordered some birds from Ten Thousand Villages to use at church during the Easter - Pentecost season and that bit of special shopping improved my mood. If you haven't visited Ten Thousand Villages, do a google search. It's a great site and a great story. If you have a store in your town, all the better.

No comments: