Thursday, February 26, 2009

Projects

A couple of weeks ago I made this bear for Sarah's friend Winnie, and since it's now in her possession I can post a picture. You may think it looks a little strange and unlike a bear, but it pretty much looks like it's supposed to. It turned out to be a joy to make, too. It's a knock-off on a smaller bear that was on a key chain. Rumor has it that it went to Macon, Georgia, last weekend.

This week I'm working on a banner/quilt for the front of the church during Lent. The symbols represent a rainbow, family tree, bee hive, snake, water, and a palm branch, which will be featured in the Children's Stories. I've known for quite a while that this was coming up, but there's nothing like the last minute. Since yesterday was Ash Wednesday, I need to have it up on Sunday.

I originally dyed the fabric for the banner that hung during Advent. My plans are to piece it together, then put it on the batting without a backing and stitch in the ditch. I wouldn't be surprised that it will be cut up once again for another project, so I'm not doing too much finishing. Or at least that's my excuse.

Right now I'm baking banana bread with three left-over bananas. The dough seemed a little stiff, but I spooned it into the bread pan and put it in the oven. Just a few minutes later (luckily) I realized that I'd forgotten the bananas. Things are progressing, so the rescue was a success. Come on, I know you've done it too.

No comments: