Thursday, February 19, 2009

Felting

I've been wanting to try felting and went to Village Discount in the Newport Shopping Center and got two wool sweaters. Village Discount is a second-hand store, has been there forever, and is fairly popular around here. For some reason (got to find out what's special about Thursday) the sweaters were half off.

I washed them several times in hot water and I'm pretty sure that this one did what I wanted. It started out as a men's extra large and is now a kid size.


The other one isn't behaving. I've double-checked the label and it says wool, but it just isn't shrinking up. I finally put it in the dryer to see if that would help the process along. If it just doesn't work, I don't have much invested and I did get five cool buttons out of the deal. I did like the pattern in the sweater, though.

I want to get some wool felt, too. I know I have some somewhere, at least I did. I can picture just where it was in my apartment in Berea, but I can't find it now. Same with my button box - it never resurfaced after the move. Come to think of it, the button box and the wool felt were stored close together in Berea - they are probably close together still.

Since I can't find my wool felt, I got some regular felt at Hancock for the homework assignment in my online class. I also got some wool roving. I was surprised that it rang up as a notion and was half off too - must be my day. Hope you'll be seeing some pretty things here soon.

No comments: