Monday, February 16, 2009

First Lesson

I decided to take an online joggles art quilting class because I've been following the lines too much lately with a lot of sewing and embroidery. It almost felt as if I was forgetting how to be creative.

The first lesson was making a landscape quilt, 8 1/2" x 11". There's a webcam at Black Mountain near Asheville, and one of the scenes caught my eye. Here's the finished result: the blue over the purple is mountain, not sky - I wish I'd used a blue with more gray in it. Wonder if I could go over it with ink to darken it up.

Here's another photo, a little closer this time.

I think I will look into darkening that blue a little. There is tulle over the gray to lighten it, and a sparkly fabric for the lights and headlights. The "rough" quilted area in the front represents brush and trees.

No comments: