Thursday, February 12, 2009

Postcard Today

There's a postcard today, made with scraps of hand dyes left from the quilt with the embroidered roses. It has some silk and yarn added with the embellishing machine, which I've used very little so far, but which I'll be using a lot as time goes on.
And, some croutons, made from bread that had been languishing too long.
I'm trying to be conscientious about using my bread and produce.

I'm kind of marveling about dinner tonight. I heated up some frozen red beans and rice and added the veggies from the leftover soup from Monday night. It was a good combination, totally unplanned but really tasty. It's been a good plan to make-and-freeze. I'm eating better and rarely stop for take-out on the way home. Hurrah. My favorites by far are the little pizzas made with wheat bread dough. Those are all gone, time to make more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, loved your roses quilt & the Happy Birthday place mat, it has my favorite colors.
All the pics of the babes were great to see! Sunny bright eyed Aaron, & happy girl Nora especially! Glad you made it thru all the weather ok. Look forward to your Fri fill ins. Have a good week end.
Janice