Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 112

Thanks to Janet for the Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. Give me Diet Coke and I'll start out the day happy. Which is what is happening right now.

2. Whenever the days start to get significantly shorter, like around the first of November, I put battery-operated candles in my windows, the kind that come on themselves at dark. I enjoy them a lot, but around this time of year, with the days getting longer again, I'm so done with them. I put them away last night. Same with the cheery red tablecloth and couch throw that perked me up during January and February. Enough of that, too.

3. I wish the house-cleaning fairy would come along. Sigh. I thought I was doing pretty well keeping everything balanced - guess not.

4. Roasted asparagus was the last thing I ate that was utterly delicious. I put it in the oven at 400 degrees with olive oil and sea salt. Absolutely excellent.

5. To life in this world you have to be civil if you want to live well with the people around you. I just got a book at the library, Choosing Civility - I'll let you know if I like it. I spotted it the other day at Barnes and Noble and knew I wanted to read it.

6. Other than this one, Our Growing Family is the last blog I commented on. Daisy and Ryan were neighbors at the Ecovillage and I enjoy keeping in touch with them.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to the Y, tomorrow my plans include work, then doing something fun as yet to be determined, and Sunday I want to put some serious effort into the Lent banner/quilt I'm making for church.

Happy Friday, everyone.

4 comments:

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

thanks for the mention, connie! :) it's so much fun to read your blog and keep in touch with each other!!

i'm craving asparagus now. ;) and if the house-cleaning fairy does show up, please send her my way!!

The Liebers said...

The house cleaning fairy is neglecting my house as well. If I see her I will keep her ectra long to teach her a lesson and then send her your way!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

yummy, don & i love asparagus, will have to try it your way. if the cleaning fairy came here she'd better be strong & a fast worker, oh and have another just like her along for the job!!! but that's not gonna happen, so i'll just work at it gradually. eventually it'll all get done! of coarse by then --- time to start over from the beginning, tee hee!
lets just keep smiling! janice

Janet said...

I use my Foreman grill to do asparagus like that...it is sooo good!