Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Transitioning to the Holidays

new piece of hand dyed fabric to use at church during Advent - it starts as primarily light shades of blue at the top and transitions to purple at the bottom. it's more blue than it looks here

During my trip to downtown Cincinnati last week, I admired the planters. Some already have ornamental cabbage and kale for early winter, others, like this one, still have hearty summer plants. I remember that last year when we went in December to see Santa it was a balmy 50+ degrees and sweater weather so we should still have a few warm days to come. The planters seemed especially pretty that day.

There were snowflakes in the window at the art supply store. We've seen a few of the real thing.


I checked out the skating rink on Fountain Square. It isn't up yet, but they're working on it.


Macy's is ready, of course.


I'm looking forward to making a big Thanksgiving dinner next week. I have the turkey in Steph's freezer and have some of the groceries. My usual style is to do a little at a time. I'll have a shorter work day on Saturday as I finish the last Beginning Sewing workshop, so I'm hoping to do a little decorating/cleaning on that day.
Yesterday I had a picture of Nora, and here's Aaron today. Steph sent it along because of the unusual-ness of it, Aaron sitting down reading a book. Usually he's climbing on whatever can be climbed on, banging cupboard doors, racing around, looking hopefully for things to dismantle - you get the idea. He's such a great little guy, very active and sunny.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, these pics are so dear. You have our darling grandson described so well. I'll add, funny & very sweet. I so enjoy being with them. Thier parents are pretty cool too!
Janice