Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 100

Congratulations, Janet, for your 100th week of Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. My stomach feels happily blessed today with memories of yesterday's Thanksgiving food and a wonderful tomato bisque today. Ummmm.

2. Potatoes is what I ate most of yesterday. Idaho potatoes mashed with spinach, sour cream, and a little cheese and mashed sweet potatoes. Sarah requested "real" sweet potatoes this year instead of canned ones and it was a good call. I baked the sweet potatoes with the turkey and pulled them out, peeled them, and mashed them. The grocery store had 5-pound bags for $1.85 and that was just the right amount.

3. The yard has had its last leaves raked and the leaf truck has taken them away. Tomorrow Sarah is going to clean leaves out of the gutters and that will be it for another year.

4. At home or with family is where I'd rather be at any given time.

5. The smell of hedge apples reminds me of my mother's decorating. She was so good at using simple things to make her house pretty. I was glad to find some beside the steps at Krohn Conservatory earlier this week. Sometimes the "tree" is called Osage Orange and the inedible bright green "apples" are bumpy and about the size of a grapefruit.

6. Sleep is what I need right now. Really need. And time off work.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to just unwinding. I'd love to meet Steph's friend Helen's family at her house, and Sarah and Steph have gone on, but there isn't any socializing left in my introverted heart. Tomorrow my plans include working, and Sunday I want to put up the dyed blue and purple fabric at church for the first Advent Sunday, as well as the Advent candles. Then I want to go over the year's photos to decide what I'll use for the holiday collage that I mail to family and friends.

Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving Friday, everyone.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi, Connie! Thanks for visiting my blog! Wow! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving yesterday, too!