Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Still Here


I'm still here, still trying to adjust to the time change and the chilly weather, still working many hours, still trying to kick this virus for good. Sunday I spent lots of time in bed - not all, though, Hancock was having their Veteran's Day 1/2 off on notions and I couldn't miss that. I don't know how many notions I need, I just know it's lots. And the local grocery was offering a $13 rebate on a 20-pound bird plus a $15 mail-in rebate. Couldn't miss that either. And my laundry had reached ridiculous proportions and something had to be done about that.
The quilt above is the candlewicking quilt, just one small border to go and then it will be machine quilted. And not free-motion quilted either. I'd love to have it finished by Thursday so I can go to church and have it hung for the Thanksgiving season. After Thanksgiving it will turn into a shop sample for awhile. The instructions said to use silk, but silk doesn't live in my world very much.
Same thing happened today when I made a sample for the Martha Pullen Gift of the Month. It's a darling crazy quilted holiday stocking and I used calico instead of the recommended silk. It was a fast project, thank goodness, and I've discovered an iron-on tear-away stabilizer that I love. I'll try to have a picture of the stocking tomorrow.
Once the quilt is done, I want to make a blue and white gingham jumper for Nora, and that cheers my heart. She and her mom are going to see the Wizzard of Oz play in Cincinnati on Sunday and Bridget will give her ruby slippers for an early birthday present. There just has to be a blue-and-white checked jumper and a white shirt with blue ric rac around the neck to go along with those slippers.

1 comment:

Jane said...

PS.. Cute turkey in the last post... hope your body is adjusting... I'm fine with this change, it's the one in spring that gets me... but just think... alittle over a month and the days will get longer!! Makes it easier to take doesn't it ???