Sunday, November 16, 2008

Things To Try

I want to try a flannel rag quilt for Nora. I don't know if I can have it finished by Christmas - there are lots of other things on the list - but if I can do two squares every day, then maybe . . . I'll start it out, then give you directions.


This morning there was snow on my truck - just a little, but enough to let me know that the cold is coming. Tonight I just know I can hear the wind howling around.

I want to try this space heater for my studio, or the bathroom, or wherever I need it.
And I want to try actually programming the thermostat that I had installed last year but never programmed because last winter I was home all day. Hmmm, I just realized it's the same brand as the space heater - I didn't plan it that way.


And I really want to try some nice warm slippers, with the theory that if my feet are warm the rest of my body will feel warmer too.
Tomorrow I want to get some bags of topsoil to put in the back of my truck. Just a little cold moisture on the road has reminded me how light the truck is in the back end. A little extra weight makes all the difference in keeping it going straight down the road.






No comments: