Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time Away

You've seen this quilt before, but when it came back from the show in Berea it was telling me that it needed more quilting and some beading. I think I was in a really minimalist mood when I made it. I sat in on a lesson earlier in the week where the instructor recommended using small pieces of plastic shelf liner to help push the fabric during free motion quilting. My hands appreciated not wearing the gloves - it was a good tip.

This afternoon I took some time off and rode the shuttle to Cincinnati.

I learned that even though it's getting colder, the Duck is still in operation.

Passengers ride to the dock on Newport city streets, then the Duck serves as a boat on the river.

Newport on the Levee (where I get on the shuttle) has holiday decorations up.

My favorite art store in downtown Cincinnati has some great children's things that make me glad that Nora has both a birthday and Christmas coming up. I got a couple of bottles of cool ink for myself, too.

This is the Aronoff Center where Steph and Nora will be seeing the Wizzard of Oz on Sunday.

And here is a promotion for it.

Look at those spike heels on the ruby slippers.
More about the afternoon later.







No comments: