Thursday, June 5, 2008

Setting Up

Today's postcard

Last night I hung my quilts at Crone Cottage in Bellevue for the coming June show with two other women. I was later than I meant to be because of the second torrential downpour of the day. And there was one the day before. I didn't want to get my things soaked so I waited it out.

Here's Mary Ann, working on her display. I loved the titles I heard her giving her work - I'll write some down and share them later.

On the ladder is Sandy. She and Mary Ann have known each other since they were thirteen.

This is Beth, the owner of Crone Cottage, talking with Sandy.


You've seen all my things before, but I couldn't resist some pictures of everything together.

Remember all the thinking it took to come up with the circular shape? I like the way it looks against the orange wall.


My house feels empty now with my quilts hanging three miles away. The opening is Friday night, 6 - 9, and the show continues through June. For those folks who are going, the address is 605 Fairfield, which is the main drag, route 8, and it's right beside the old movie theater. If you go, be sure to pop into Schneider's Sweet Shop, across the street on the corner, to get an opera cream. You can actually buy just one, but why would you?



No comments: