Thursday, June 26, 2008

Play Area


Today's postcard

Steph and I went to the mall last night with Nora and Aaron. It was a slow night at the mall, so Aaron got his first chance to enjoy the play area without getting run over by exuberant kids.
I really think he'll be walking soon, despite the fact that he's an efficient crawler and a sturdy little guy. He and Nora both had a great time. I went into Penny's to look at clothes - no purchases - and kept hearing happy shrieks from both of them.

This morning my potato dextrin was dry enough to put dye on top. This was a pretty dismal piece before, way light from my first try at spraying on the dyes. I'm not a fan of the results but I'll try again - I read somewhere about using a flour paste resist and I'll give that a try. I also got some spray bottles tonight and I'll try spraying the dyes again too. I had tried to recycle Windex-type bottles and they clogged really quickly.

I had lots of left-over orange and turquoise dyes and did these three pieces. I know that lots of people just use yellow/red/blue dyes and mix the other colors, but there's something to be said from using some of the premixed dyes. The orange and turquoise are especially vibrant.






No comments: