Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 75

Today's postcard.

Friday means Friday Fill-Ins, everybody. Answers are in bold.

1. Idle hands are almost always holding a book or some kind of reading material at my house. (And it's only me at my house.)

2. I love shower mist in the shower, the kind you spray at the end of the shower to keep it clean. My life has been lots happier since that came along and there is very little shower scrubbing at my house. Not that there ever was a lot.

3. My favorite time of day is when it's early morning, too early to be out and about and working. When I have fresh energy and the whole day is ahead of me. When I can plan and think and write a little.

4. The last tea I drank was ages ago. For whatever reason tea, not herbal tea, but the real stuff, makes me sick. And I don't really like herbal tea. It always looks attractive in the box and I usually get some every winter but when I try a cup I rememeber that I really don't like it.

5. I like to go barefoot in the summer. In the winter, I like to go around in sock-feet but in the summer the socks go. Remember that old saying, you shouldn't go barefoot in any month with an "R" in the name?

6. My mother always said treat others like you'd want to be treated. Good advice, but I do wish that I was less reluctant to go into confrontational situations. Do they have classes in that? Not conflict transformation, I'm good at that when others are involved and enjoy the process. Just reluctant to dive in there myself.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to my gallery opening in Bellevue (Sarah flew in last night, it was great to see her and watch her playing with Nora and Aaron. I was a little late picking her up - there are two very close exits, west goes to the airport, east goes back toward the city. I was talking with Sarah, who'd just landed, and went east.) Tomorrow my plans include work, then something fun with the family, probably taking them out to eat, and Sunday I want to enjoy family. The time will go by far too quickly.

Happy weekend, everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. And here I thought that "R" months were for eating oysters.

-Steph