Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Quilt Finished

Today's postcard - love those leftovers

A new quilt's completed - 30" x 30".

Thanks to my lessons with Dena Crane, it has a woven base and goes from there. You've seen it before in its unfinished state a month ago. It has a nice glow to it. I like it.

Even before the binding was on, I was cleaning my studio, mentally as well as physically coming to the end of this project. Getting ready for the next one, yet unknown.

I'm learning that planning the next one is work, too, that work isn't only the actual doing.
On one of my visits to Barnes and Noble I saw a man sitting in his chair with about 15 books on the table in front of him He said he was making plans for his new project. Something clunked in my head that day, and I decided to enjoy my own planning processes.


No comments: