Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Take It Further Challenge

Yes, my sewing machine is fixed and now lighted and I've started work on a little Christmas quilt with chunky angels. The words "on a Christmas morning, the angels sang for joy" are going through my head. It's seemed that I've been so non-creative these past days, and I'm happy to be quilting again.

I've signed up for a monthly challenge called Take It Further. Sharon B has a popular blog called In a Minute Ago, and this past year she's been helping quilters and others with Take a Stitch Tuesday. Every week she's worked with a new stitch and blogged the results for others to try. I've not been a part of that but have enjoyed popping in every now and again and always admire her generosity.

During the coming year, she will post a key concept on the first of each month. The challenge is to take the idea, develop it, and carry it out in paper or fiber. Everyone who signs up blogs about the development of the idea during the month, then comments on Sharon's blog so others can visit their site.

It should be fun. If you think you might be interested, Sharon's blog is www.sharonb.wordpress.com
When you get there, click on Take It Further challenge.

No comments: