Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Good Day to be Three

Nora is three today. On a day which was 64 degrees, quite different from the snowflakes on the day she was born, Mike, Aaron, and I went to downtown Cincinnati for a visit with the Carew Tower Santa and a look at the Duke Energy trains.

This is Santa's band.

Nora did not want to sit on Santa's lap, but finally agreed to sit on the step beside his feet.

In front of the Duke Energy building, Nora shared her cookie with the pigeons, but she eventually got very nervous that the birds would fly up for the remainder of the cookie in her hand. And they probably would have.

I'll post the pictures of the trains another time. Seeing the trains was the favorite part of Nora's day.
I got a call that my sewing machine was ready and I set it up tonight. I've found, though, that now the lights aren't working and the plastic guard over one of them is missing. I'll call tomorrow and try to make an appointment to get it fixed on the spot so I don't have to leave it again. I'm pretty disappointed.




No comments: