Friday, December 21, 2007

Cookie Time

Today I baked the Christmas cookies. Snickerdoodles, Russian Tea Cakes, Ginger Cookies, White Chocolate Chip Macademia. Ok, for the latter aren't traditional, but I had a box of frozen cookies that I got from a neighbor who's on the wrestling team.

And then there was the Chex mix. I had a fine time in my "new" red retro kitchen. I wonder who many batches of cookies have been baked in that kitchen over the past 50 years.

I know there are people who think that technology has given us a cold way of communicating, but I don't agree. I sent Sarah a text to North Carolina, "I'm making cookies." Thirty minutes later came a reply, "hooray." Just four words total, but they felt so warm.

1 comment:

JessWildfire said...

One word--YUM!; I think I can even get a whiff of those cookies from here:-)