Sunday, December 2, 2007

Lessons and Carols

I'd read that there would be a program today called Lessons and Carols at the Basilica of the Assumption in Covington. I'd been to the Basilica years ago and thought this would be a good chance to experience it again. Turns out that I had forgotten just how splendid it is. I didn't realize that the music was part of a concert series, so the church was packed, and the music was formal and glorious.


I took a couple of pictures of the back of the Cathedral when I went in, with the plan of taking more at twilight after the service.


Afterwards it was raining, really raining, so there are no pictures of the front. You can find great pictures as well as a text tour on http://www.covcathedral.com/

Here's a quick bit of info. There are only four major basicillicas and they are all in Rome. This is one of 35 minor basicillicas in the United States.

No comments: