Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Out of the Box

This afternoon I wanted to join a group at the library that was working on individual textile projects, and I needed something portable. So, I visited my box of unfinished projects, sure that I would find something that needed a binding.
I found this one, which I'd done for a fabric painting class. At the time, I couldn't find a binding fabric that looked right.

Now I have this piece of hand dyed fabric in my stash and it was perfect for a really skinny binding.


What I especially remember about the class's painting technique is that you have to be willing to see what the fabric tells you and go from there instead of worrying about getting it "just right." Sort of like life.

The past few evenings have been great. Nora went for a tricycle ride in her pajamas to see the Halloween decorations down the street.






No comments: