Friday, October 12, 2007

To Everything There Is a Season

I always like the verse in Ecclesiastes 3, "To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven" and I think of it often.

This is my season for various things, all good, and the least of which is looking in my unfinished-quilts box to see what I might like to finish. I started this little quilt at least five years ago and got as far as doing some hand quilting that I was never satisfied with. I'm not much of a hand quilter - I can do it well, and I understand the zen implications, but I prefer the look of machine quilting.

I took out my stitching and replaced the batting with a flat batting so I could machine quilt, and right away I understood - the 1/2" batting I was using was too thick for such a small quilt. The problem wasn't the hand stitching at all. I'm proceeding with machine stitching, and hopefully there will be a "finished" photo tomorrow.



Last night my friends Janet and Garry came to visit and we went to LaRosa's for dinner.

In the Aberdeen days, my family would occasionally stop at LaRosa's after a trip to Cincinnati and it was good to find that it's still here, and doing well. Their Florentine Foccaca is incredibly delicious. If you're ever in Cincinnati . . . . .


Finally, here's the question of the day: Who needs a costume when you're already a princess?





No comments: