Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Pudding

 


In rehab, and after, swallowing and drinking were a chore.  Maybe it was a follow-up to the three days' intubation in the hospital (I have no memory of that.)  As a result, I ended up with a collection of packaged almond milk plus a few supplements.

Who knows why, maybe a fixation with sweets that has thankfully passed, I wanted to see if I could use an Orgain supplement to make a higher protein pudding.  It wasn't a grand success.  My pudding  has a few lumps, no one's fault but mine.  And the supplement was a tan color, which made for a tan pudding.

The consistency is great, taste is good with that butter and real vanilla extract.  I didn't account for the sweetness in the supplement, and the final result was too sweet - yes, I said that. 

Protein is about twice that of a pudding made with milk, so there's that.  But overall, I'm done with this experiment.  

No comments: