Thursday, January 18, 2024

Exercises

 


Part of my life, for now.  And going forward.  And yes, there are more exercises on the back.

It feels like progress is so, so slow.  And yet, there is progress.  It's easier to stand from sitting in a chair than a week ago, easier to do the stair exercises.  I need to remember that I'm starting from a long period of inactivity.  And that maybe being 78 has something to do with it.

About a month prior to my hospitalization I had an outpatient  glaucoma surgery that required a reduction in activity for several weeks.  So, actually, I'm kind of working from that point.

It's a little concerning that I haven't had my eye doctor follow-ups from the surgery, but I'll just have to deal with that in a few weeks.  I did ask for an ophthalmology consult when I was in the hospital - the stent looked good and the pressure was good in both eyes and that relieved my anxiety eye-wise.

The RN following up from rehab visited this morning and lungs sound clear, everything else checked out ok.  Next week will be a virtual visit, another in-person visit with discharge in two weeks.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Good news is always delightful! I feel like my progress with the exercise therapy isn't as far ahead as I would like it to be. The fact that we are attempting to build our bodies up again is to be celebrated even if we don't give ourselves enough credit. :).