Friday, January 19, 2024

Movie Recommendation

I hope that those of you who enjoy Appalachian literature, or those of you who just like a movie with good acting and a great story, will enjoy The Starling Girl as much as I did. Set in Eastern Kentucky, with wonderful cinematography, it's worth watching twice.  You can find it on Prime.

We finally got some snow today, maybe an inch or two.  I'm inside (I'm always inside) making oatmeal bread, my favorite.  Usually I knead by hand, enjoying that process, but today I just put it in the mixer with the dough hook - I may never go back.  It was just so easy. 

I've had that mixer for twenty years and at first I did use it for kneading - that was one of the reasons why I got the big powerful one.  Then it required a repair and I wondered whether the dough feature had overloaded it and just used it for other things. Today, though, it was a champ.   

No comments: