Sunday, January 14, 2024

Brussels Sprouts Today


Yesterday I mentioned that my posts, for a while, may include lots of food related references.  And today, roasted Brussels sprouts.  Nothing special here, so easy to roast them in the oven, it's just a matter of wanting to do it.  And I did.

And so, looking back, on December 2 I had a nice morning, then decided to take a nap.  I woke up with a 103 degree fever and difficulty breathing.  My daughter called the ambulance (known around here as the squad) and they took me to University of Cincinnati Hospital, our hospital request.  I remember looking up at the structure as we went over the bridge into Cincinnati, remember being wheeled into the ER with lots of people looking at me.  After that, things got pretty vague for a long time.  We can pick up here again another day.

Yesterday my daughter Steph picked up my grocery and prescription order, brought me a smoothie from Smoothie King, and did my laundry.  My washer and dryer are in the basement, and I am banished from the basement because of the steep stairs.

I'd looked before, and there isn't a way to incorporate upstairs laundry into my compact Cape Cod.  Something to think about.  The expensive solution would be to add a room off the kitchen.  I've often dreamed of that room, although my dreams never included laundry behind closed cupboard doors. 


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I was lucky- there was a space for the stacked washer dryer in my house when we moved here- no basement. And no one would want to do laundry in the garage....In Maine.

When we remodeled the bathrooms I moved the washer - just turned it- and now it faces the toilet...behind a regular DOOR. Very very nice solution as no one ever SEES it...it's hidden.

I would NOT be allowed to do laundry in the basement either..... And I HAVE Brussel Sprouts in the fridge and they are now going into the OVEN...... thanks for the reminder.