Thursday, December 1, 2016

Not At All


Thanks to my friend Carole Anne for taking this picture today and sending it to me.  Well, she really liked the tree with its pretty shape and golden leaves, but I was there too.

I remember well my maternal grandmother when she was my age.  And somewhere in the back of my head, I had an idea that grandmother me must look like her.

And looking at this picture I realize that I don't look like my grandmother.  Not at all.  She had blonde hair all her life, had blue eyes, and was short. Rarely smiled.  I knew all that.  But I still had an idea that somehow I must resemble her.  I don't.  Not.  At.  All.

Even if I was wearing one of her house dresses and the square-heeled lace-up black shoes, it wouldn't help.

I don't think I have a picture of my paternal grandmother for comparison.  She died before I was born.  Surely one of my Indiana cousins has a picture of her.  I kind of doubt that I favor her either, but I really don't know.




No comments: