Monday, April 13, 2015

Pink and Green



This pink and green baby quilt is an adaptation of a larger Jacquie Gering pattern.  A kind of improvisational log cabin.  



The backing and binding are pieced.

This morning I was sitting on the steps in a building downtown, checking CNN News on my phone.  There was an article about a study questioning whether actively creative people are less likely to develop dementia as they age.  This study seemed to think so.

I've wondered about that, with quilters especially of course, since quilting involves spacial reasoning and the ability to envision, then carry out that vision.  Math and problem solving.  

I wanted to read that article again but it was no longer on the news feed.  I do remember that it particularly mentioned sewing and woodworking.  Interesting stuff.  Hope it's true.  

No comments: