Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Super Bowl


Steph had a Soop-er Bowl Party Sunday night, with vegetable soup and chicken noodle soup.  Both were yummy.  

When I got to her house, the kids were in the living room, dressed for the occasion.  Nora was wearing a hockey jersey with shoulder pads and a batting helmet.  And football gloves, although she took them off to use her crayons.  It's a sporty house.  I understand that the newest equipment is boxing gloves.  They are big Play It Again Sports fans (resale store.)  And both Nora and Aaron really want to play football.

I am enjoying using the book Achieve Anything in Just One Year.  Today's exercise is putting three quotations into a notebook.  I don't really have a notebook, because I use my phone as an away-from-home note keeper and I have an online journal and a picture journal.  That's enough for me.

Here are my three quotations:

1.  Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving.  When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape.  bell hooks

2.  We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.  Kurt Vonnegut

3.  The painter has the Universe in his mind and hands.  Leonardi da Vinci


No comments: