Sunday, February 8, 2015

Celebration of the Arts


My church was a lively place this week, with our second Celebration of the Arts.  Not to be confused with Mennonite Arts weekend, which is bi-annual on this same February weekend.  That will come next year.

We had workshops, dinner, a gallery, a boutique, and a special worship service today.  I'm so happy to have landed in a good space here.

I bought the little black and white boutique piece, above, by Janelle White.  It is fabric on canvas, and she had a larger and wonderful take-your-breath-away black and white piece in the gallery.

I was looking at the book titles, and right under Janelle's piece is The Tall Woman by Wilma Dykeman.  Not a new book, but if you love Appalachian literature, it's a must-read.  I think I've read it at least four times.

No comments: