Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Off


Today was an in-service day at school, so the grands and I went to Newport on the Levee.  We saw the movie Paddington, which just came out today, then spent some time at the Aquarium.  The kids spent quite a bit of time admiring the fish, which usually get a passing glance on the way to the alligators or turtles or sharks.


Then we ate lunch at Dewey's Pizza, which has a window into the kitchen for watching the dough being stretched and thrown.  Nora, bless her heart, worked her way through a large salad before moving on to a slice of pizza.  Even Aaron ate a little salad, but probably more because he was really hungry than anything else.

Back at my house, they played Chopped with play dough.  Aaron insisted that I had to choose a winner, even though I said it was a tie.  Nora whispered to me to choose him, it was ok, but she still had kind of a sad look on her face when Aaron was announced as the winner.  Really, her veggie burger was lovely, with sesame seeds and a lettuce leaf.  Aaron was very original, choosing a lobster leg sandwich.  I think he was a little influenced by the aquarium.

Don't you love Nora's name on the hood of her hoodie?  It was a hand-me-down with another kid's name in that spot.  Since it was a satin stitch, it wasn't hard to pick out the embroidery and replace it with her name.  It was the first time I'd seen a name done on the hood.

No comments: