Sunday, March 2, 2014

This Time It Was Better


And then, the next time everything fell into place.  The class on Saturday, went well, too, and everyone finished theirs. 

This afternoon we're waiting for snow or more freezing rain or whatever comes our way.  It was freezing rain earlier but the temperature is dropping now.  Church was cancelled this morning, and there was no much-anticipated choir concert by Bluffton University.  I'm very relieved, I hated to think of those students on the bus in bad weather.  No setting up visuals for Lent and no Listening Group.  Instead, a quiet morning at home. 

I ordered a King Cake from Graeter's for Fat Tuesday.  It sounds like such a hopeful thing.  Colored sugar in spring colors.  Sweet icing.  A string of bright beads.  And the baby.

Tuesday night I'm doing a little presentation for the Sewing Guild about sewing machine feet.  I'll probably demonstrate the common ones that come with most machines, then show a few of the specialty feet.  And of course the left-edge topstitch, one of my current go-to feet.  The interchangable dual feed, which lives on my sewing table.  I need to take a look at my Foot Book and choose.

I used to be more impatient when starting a sewing project, but now I've learned to take a breath and change the needle, foot, and thread.  Maybe the stitch.  Make it a zen process.     

No comments: