Sunday, February 2, 2014

Painting a Lily


Last week one of my high school classmates so generously shared her painting expertise with her former classmates.  Most of the five of us, like me, had never painted before, had hardly even held a brush before.  And because of our teacher's talent, and her oils, we all left with our paintings of a recognizable lily.

I have to admit that mine was the least well done, I always have had trouble following directions unless I have a book in front of me and spent lots of my early student days wondering what was wrong with me.  But, back at home, away from the others for comparison, with just my lily to look at, I've very happy with how it turned out.

Thanks so much, Pauline Kinsinger Watts.  Oh, and it was so much fun to spend the day with Diana, Rae Ann, Nancy, and Linda.  It made me wish I lived closer to them. 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

You did an amazing job for your first ever painting. Your friend must be an excellent teacher!!!

would you do it again?