Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Perfect World


In my perfect world, this ceramic piece by Eric Kaufman would have come home with me last weekend.  I have a soft heart for ceramics anyway, and this blue was spectacular.  Several of his pieces sold, and one of my friends got a wonderful cream-colored vase.

I've been fretting because I have a large piece of ice on top of my car, fretting because I'm afraid that it will slide off and cause an accident.  My friends told me to not worry, but then I read about all the windshields being replaced for just that kind of situation.  Trivia I learned from the news article:  in Kentucky there is no deductible for windshield glass replacement.  In a little over a week, the temperature here is expected to be in the 50's, so it will be disappear then.

I think I've missed the window for starting seeds indoors.  I really planned to do that this year because it's so hard to find really nice little annuals.  Maybe I can at least order some nice marigold seeds, but I think I'm a little late for petunias, and I love the special ones that are all ruffly or bi-colored.  I need to open that seed catalog. 

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

You have plenty of time to start seed. right now we are only starting leeks and onions.

And plenty of seeds can just to tossed out on the snow right now--like poppies. But best to wait till March. I start annuals in pots in early April.