Friday, October 7, 2011

Witch Dress

For all that I sit in front of a sewing machine, day in and day out, almost, I rarely make anything from a pattern. Today, though, is different - it's almost Halloween.

Two years ago Nora was a witch and that's her choice again this year. The cape with the spiders, which I love, will be fine with a new ribbon at the neck, but the actual witch dress is too small and too short. One thing I love about patterns these days is that what's in the envelope spans a variety of sizes, so the only purchase was black fabric. A witch dress isn't meant for everyday wear, so it will be quick work on the serger.

Aaron insisted that he wants to be Woody again this year, so everyone's taking it easy on me. The only thing Aaron needed was new cowboy boots and his mom was able to find this year's model of the Toy Story boots that he so loved last year. He wore last year's until they literally fell apart and I'm sure this year's will be no different.

Steph told me this morning that Nora's friend will probably be borrowing the Jessie costume that Nora wore last year. Awesome.

1 comment:

DMarsh said...

Nora and Aaron are 2 truly blessed little ones.....