Sunday, October 9, 2011

Am I the Only One?

Tomorrow night is quilt guild meeting and it's the last night to bring the things we want to put in the show later this month. And I'm wondering, am I the only one working furiously today to put sleeves on the backs of quilts (just finished) and figure out how to do the inventory? I think I've got that done too, now, and all that remains is to cut the dowels or something else to put in the sleeves. I've had this date in the back of my mind for months now, after all.

And one of my goals for the year was to procrastinate less. I have three months to try to figure out how to turn that one around. I've been diligent in keeping a to-do list and only slightly less diligent in getting those things done. The only thing is, the things I really, really don't want to do don't go on the list because . . . I really, really don't want to do them and once they're on the list I've made a commitment.

My tendency would be to say, "I need to think about this," but that too is a form of procrastination. I might need to be a little easy on myself about saving the sleeves for last because by the time I'm there with a quilt I have new ideas in my head. But, still, that's just an excuse. Maybe once a week I need to pinpoint something that's on the "hate to do it" list and just do it.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

The quilt for the show-- the red and orange broken circles. Luscious. I don't know what you mean about not being very good. Everything I have seen so far, I like.

I don't like making binding or sewing it on. I hate pockets also. But I do like stitching the binding by hand AFTER I manage to make it and attach it to the piece. So many of the 12 by 12 squares are unbound.