Thursday, October 6, 2011

Simply Ten Good Things

A couple of days ago, Soule Mama posted a list of "simply ten good things" and invited others to do so as well. Always a good exercise in gratitude. Here are mine, for this pretty day in early October.

1. Nice socks for fall weather. Warm socks in the fall feel as good as bare feet in summer.

2. If I want a certain color fabric, I can dye it.


3. If I want to make a little quilted bag with a zipper, lining, pocket, and strap, I can do that. There may be some ripping involved, but I can do that. (The item next to the bag is a large, free form potholder, as much for hanging on the wall as handling hot pans.)

4. Fall flowers - pansies, mums, flowering kale


5. If I'm patient, I can find really nice bargains at the thrift store. This sweater still had the tags on it. And it's exactly what I'd have loved in the department store.

6. Cell phone

7. Diet Coke

8. Really yummy salmon for lunch

9. The little witch in my kitchen

10. The book I'm reading, Wayne Dyer's "Power of Intention." I've been studying that book for three months now, and that almost never happens.

If you're grateful, pass it on.









No comments: