Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Curved Piece

Finished! Since the Kathy Loomis class in August, my curved piecing pieces sat in my studio while I tried to figure out what to do with them. We did a couple of different exercises in the class and while I knew I wanted to combine the pieces, they just looked too harsh to deal with. Now, though, I'm happy with the final result, primarily with the addition of the green lines and binding. Finished size is approx 15" x 20".

I'm happy enough with it that I'd put it in my quilt guild's show . . . except that it was last week. And, guess what, I sold a couple of little boutique pieces.

This afternoon will be a yard work afternoon, since it's going to be sunny and warm. Cleaning up the beds, mowing the grass, doing a lot of trimming. I have lots of fall color this year but everything looks kind of messy. Should be better by the end of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!
Sarah