Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday

Potholders. The large one on the left was for Tina's birthday. Happy Birthday, Aunt Tina. And thanks to Steph for including me in the wonderful birthday dinner at Olive Garden last night.

The one on the right came from a quilt block in my scrap basket. It's been there for years. I pieced the block, hated it, and tossed it aside. What it needed was to stand alone and get a little wonky cutting. Who would have known?

Today is a cleaning/cooking day for company tomorrow. I don't do enough of either one, maybe, but this will be a good day for both. No errands. A little early morning sewing, of course. Making chicken broth for cheddar broccoli soup.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I think the olive green bordered piece is really nice. Very arty. And on the post up top of this one the Christmas baby quilt is really really nice.

What size are you making them? Our quilt group my bassinet (those plastic tubs they but the babies in at the hospital) sized things that looked more like placemats and were useless at home.

Each holiday season our group made a set of potholders for the Elks Christmas baskets. Yours would be treasured!!!