Wednesday, January 26, 2011

White Today

The top picture is a broken angel yard ornament, the breakage story of which shall not be spoken. The picture is better than the ornament, anyway, since it had aged and needed to be replaced. The truth is, it was a little tacky anyway.

I enlarged the drawing for my homework quilt and sent it off last night. At first I was a little dismayed that the individual pieces seemed so large but maybe I've gotten used to that. I decided to make the cross the focal point and made it a little bigger.

Interesting from a Christian story perspective that there seems to be a dove with a leaf in the upper right and a whale tail right underneath it. Cross, dove, and whale were totally unplanned in the logical part of my brain. The double lines are those that seemed to me to float upward but I don't know why some seemed to and some didn't.

I hope the teacher likes this because I'm getting attached to it. I can't picture what kinds of fabrics or what colors I'd use, but the teacher says not to think about that, or the construction techniques, at this point.

No comments: