Friday, January 14, 2011

New Class

I'm looking forward to tonight when I start a new on-line quilt class. Lessons come once a week, in this case for four weeks. People in the class can communicate with each other and the instructor and pictures of completed work are available to everyone.

I've taken lots of classes that way and find that I enjoy the freedom to work throughout the week whenever I have time. I like that the classes are spread out and I can keep up (usually.) There are no weather-related worries about whether classes will need to be rescheduled.

I've been quiet about New Year's resolutions this year, but one of mine is to take lots of classes. I haven't taken any in the past couple of years and I've missed them. I plan to take both electronic and in-person classes, not all of them quilt classes. I feel like I'm not moving ahead like I'd like and want more skills.

The first lesson will come at 6 p.m. tonight and I'm excited.

No comments: