Thursday, January 20, 2011

Latest Round

The latest round of snow has started - should I have made one last trip to the fabric store?

Luckily for me, this round of snow coincides with my weekly day off work and I can look out the window from time to time and keep the shoveling going in small increments. My truck can stay where it is.

Some resolutions are long-term, some are hard and need to be broken down into segments to make them happen. Others are long term but simple. I always try to include a few of those, as well as some that are simple and short term, easily completed and crossed off.

Burning a candle while I sew or do a project fits into the long term but simple category. I want the reminder that creativity is spiritual. (To make this happen, I need to add the short term and simple goal of stocking lots of matches - I do lots of sewing.)


Also in my studio, to listen to NPR. I was a journalism major, have always loved newspapers, and find their shrinking size, along with their rising cost, to form a void. I'm not a fan of tv news, enjoy a weekly news magazine but their lifestyle sections are quite small. And of course, there's no local news. So, my long term but simple resolution is NPR. Not all the time, since I love silence, but sometimes.

Last night on my way home I finally got tracing paper for my online class. I'd found it not easy to find and realized that surely the office supply store would have it. Now I can move ahead with my first lesson.

No comments: