Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Showing Up

On my list of promises to myself was having a couple of small things in my guild's show at a gallery in Bellevue. (The photo is the view of Mt. Adams from a gallery window.)

They're small things, but they're there. My President's Challenge, top right, below.
And my other piece, bottom right, below. I didn't make the new piece I wanted, so I chose this one from my Berea days. I didn't like it at the time, but it's grown on me.


Today, voting. Why, oh why, are the choices so bad? Where are the leaders? I'm very discouraged, but I'll show up.

And on my list today, continue painting two of my walls, one in the dining room and one in the living room. Red. I've been wanting this for so long, but I'm not an experienced painter. Once again, I'll show up. Feeling a little panic-y because there are so many other things I need to be doing, but I'll show up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one - bottom rt. is very pretty ! Love those colors !
I knew that you were busy,haven't been seeing anything showing up anywhere!
Thank you for the card you sent, for my sister's passing on!
Don loves Red ! He'll like your room !
Janice

Anonymous said...

Don't they say that half of life is just showing up?
you go!

steph