Monday, September 6, 2010

Tribute to Nora

Tomorrow night after work I'll come home and turn on the computer to check facebook to see pictures of Nora's first day of kindergarden. She will be going in the mornings so I'll be thinking extra much about her then. I hope her first day, in a brand new school, is a good one for her.


Today I'm thinking about the first time I saw her, early on a Saturday December morning. And the physical zing I felt when I first saw her, because there she was, that anticipated baby, with tons of black hair that I had known would be red. And I fell instantly in love with that black-haired baby, who did in fact have red hair later.
I'm telling myself that she's gone to school for years now and this is no different, but of course it is. A rite of passage. Good journeys, Nora. I love you.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great. Now I'm crying again!
-Steph

Anonymous said...

I believe she'll be so excited & feel so much that she's a big school girl! With a good teacher, nice classmates & interesting new things to do & learn, she will love it !That's what I want for her & pray she gets !
Janice