Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Last Holdout

Lots of folks around here are stitching out this Anita Goodesign Seeing Double table topper, but for a long time I decided to sit this one out. It seemed like a lot of stitching and cutting, and I had other things to do. Finally, though, I decided to give it a try.

The nice thing is that it's embroidered in the hoop, which means that all the quilting is done for you and when it's done . . . well, it's done. I stitched a panel here and there when I was around my embroidery machine and as it went together it got more and more fun.

The really nice thing, though, is that it's reversible, so when you flip it over you can have something entirely different.


I did mine in summer fabrics, but you could do fall/Halloween, Christmas/Valentine's or whatever you want. The only thing that needs to coordinate is that the thread color needs to be the same for top and bottom. And it does use a lot of thead. I went through an entire spool of the large 1500 yard Sulky.

The diameter is 26". I think this is going to be my go-to for wedding presents and maybe even for Christmas gifts this year. It's that pretty.

Early this morning I set up my machine for the center design and went outside to mow the yard. We had several days of heat combined with rain and the grass took off. It's been several days now with heat but no rain and I noticed that several of my plants are drooping. Watering next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, Connie ! Bright, cheery & decorative!
The gardenat ur friend's son's hse. is great! I like seeing it !
Try to stay cool, - Janice