Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Fill-In # 184

After a few weeks off, it's time for Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. Layers of fabric, batting, and stabilizer. I'm working on a new quilted project on the embroidery machine. Pretty mindless, just what I needed right now. And, it's's half done already.

2. Our cable company's called Insight. I get letters or postcards from them about once a week and someone came to my door last week. I wish they'd just leave me alone and stop wasting all that paper.

3. I'll be willing to bet that we have some rain today. Or maybe I'm just hoping. We did get rain last night, maybe some wind since one of the plants on my porch blew over. I heard nothing, was surprised to see wet sidewalks.

4. I don't have one, so nothing scares the dog. There is no dog food in my grocery cart and no squeak toys on my floor. And none in my future.

5. I'm fond of summer gardens, with something new to look at every day. Checking out the size of the tomatoes, looking at the squash plants poking out, admiring the flowers. Next winter I'm going to start plants inside - it's been several years since I've done that and I used to enjoy choosing just the right tomatoes and flowers.

6. Lately it seem like I've been complaining too much! Time to cut that out and be grateful instead.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to leaving work knowing I'll have three days off, tomorrow my plans include an early morning trip to Findlay Market, and Sunday I want to finish my embroidery project and do some early morning writing.

Happy Friday, everyone.

1 comment:

Diana_CT said...

I have been growing vegetables on my deck in pots and I have been having good luck with tomatoes and peppers.